Have you ever made sugar cookies before? If not, don’t worry because they are very easy to make. I adapted a sugar cookie recipe from Food Network, and it worked out great for decorating cookies. After all of the ingredients are mixed well, I rolled out the dough and cut cookie shapes. I did not need to chill the dough before using it. After the cookies are done baking, I let them cool completely before decorating the top with royal icing.
No Chill Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- powder sugar for dusting the dough and rolling pin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Put the dough on top of a piece of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll out the cookie dough.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes, and place them on top of a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely before decorating the top with royal icing.