In the anime, Ascendance of a Bookworm, the main character made a delicious pound cake. I decided to make a lemon cake version of it because I simply like the aromatic smell of lemon in desserts. I decorated the top of the bread with buttercream frosting and the bread tasted quite yummy.
Lemon Pound Cake Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid form – microwave for 20 seconds increment until melted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups of almond flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup of lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut oil (liquid form); mix well.
- Then, add the baking powder, salt, and almond flour. Mix them together until just combined.
- Put the lemon curd into the bowl and fold gently.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Bake the bread for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting it into slices.